Easy jalapeno popper stuffed burgers are what your summer time meat sweat dreams are made of. Let me say that again. Jalapeno popper stuffed burgers. You’re welcome.
Everybody loves a good burger, but you know whats better then a burger?
A stuffed burger. With cream cheese and jalapenos.
If you’re a stuffed burger fan and you love jalapeno poppers then this recipe is for you.
I like to make large servings of most things … because #meatsweats.
For this recipe you can expect to make 16 burgers which are great for camping, cookouts, or just simply sitting on your deck drinking beer and grilling burgers on a weekday night.
We often make these once, flash freeze them on a cookie sheet and then use our Foodsaver to vacuum seal them and have these burgers for the summer!
First you are going to start with 5 pounds of beef . Divide everything up evenly into 3 oz balls.
This is where there magic really starts to happen.
This is just how these Easy Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Burgers come together:
Take 1/2 pound container of plain cream cheese, 1 large Jalapeno, and 1/4 pound of cooked diced bacon and mix everything up in a bowl. You can add more or less Jalapeno depending on your personal tolerance of spicy. Put the filling in the fridge and let it setup for an hour or two.
Take 1 of the 3 0z meat balls and flatten it out with the palm of your hand or a rolling pin. Once flattened out, take a scoop of the jalapeno popper filling that you made earlier and place it in the middle of the bottom patty.
Now, take a a second 3 oz ball and flatten it out as well. You’re going to take this patty and place it on top of the first patty and filling. Take the palm of your hand push to spread the filling out.
PRO TIP | Use a fork around the edges to press everything together this will prevent the burgers from busting open.
I always use a little salt and pepper to season both sides of the burger.
I do suggest that you cook these burgers through to a 160 degrees and test both sides.
When the burgers are finished let them sit ( disclaimer: the jalapeno popper filling is hot and will burn).
I recommended frying up some onions and mushrooms and smothering the top of the burger.
This burger is messy so get ready for the 2 handed hunch ( Guy Fieri’s favorite got to when eating a messy burger).
So, who is going to the store immediately to get the ingredients?
When you make this, tag @notaveggieblog on Instagram so we can see!
Easy Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Burgers
- 5 Pounds Lean Ground Hamburger
- 1/2 Pound Cream Cheese
- 1 Large Jalapeno Pepper
- 1/4 Pound Bacon, diced and cooked
- Take 5 pounds of lean ground beef, and roll into 3oz balls.
- In a bowl, add the cream cheese, jalapeno, and the cooked diced bacon. Mix the 3 ingredients and place back in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Roll out each of the 3oz balls into hamburger patties.
- Take a 1oz scoop of the jalapeno popper filling and place it in the middle of the bottom patty.
- Take a second patty and place it on top of the first patty and filling. Use your hand to flatten out the whole burger so the filling spreads evenly in the middle of the burger. Use a fork to close up the edges.
- Add Salt and pepper to both sides of the burger for seasoning.
- Fire up the grill to 450 degrees.
- Cook the burgers until the internal temperature is 160 degrees.
- Lay the raw burgers on a parchment lined cookie sheet and freeze for a minimum of 4 hours, Then transfer to a freezer safe container.