Jalapeno cheddar breadmaker buns have all of the food groups. Jalapenos. Cheddar. Carbs.
Jalapeno cheddar buns were an obvious first recipe for our blog.
Jalapenos are a singular food group in our house and we have a dedicated cheese drawer in our fridge. At any given moment of time we have 5-10 cheese types in our fridge.
Now that both of us have food blogs, we basically argue over who gets to use the cheese from the cheese drawer.
Normally, Steph is the one hoarding kitchen tools… and 4 Instant Pots, but the breadmaker coming into the house. That was all BT.
The breadmaker is BT’s version of a carb creating Instant Pot.
We put the ingredients in. Press a button and it does the kneading, and resting to rise all on it’s own while we do other things.
Get ready to get your soft, warm, jalapeno cheddar love on!
Jalapeno Cheddar Breadmaker Buns
- 1 Cup Water
- 2 Tbsp Melted Butter
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/8 Cup Honey
- 3 1/2 Cups Bread Flour
- 2 Tbsp Bread Maker Yeast
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 3 Tbsp Fresh Diced Jalapeno
- 1 Cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Whole Fresh Sliced Jalapeno
- Add all the ingredients in the exact order into the bread maker. Save a 1/4 cup of the sharp cheddar cheese to add to the top of the buns just before baking.
- Use the dough function on the bread maker to mix all the ingredients together.
- When the bread maker is finished, remove the dough from the bread maker and let rest for 10 minutes on the counter.
- Grease a cookie sheet with cooking spray or butter.
- Break dough up into 6 even pieces and roll into balls. Place the balls evenly apart on the cookie sheet. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of sharp cheddar on to the top of each of the balls of dough. Placed 1 Slice of the fresh jalapeno on the top of the roll.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve Warm